Saturday, June 22, 2013

Landing The Land

Well, I finally bought something that will last a lifetime. Land!

In July 2012 I started looking for a home to invest in for retirement. After looking at properties with a little land, 1 to 5 acres, and old buildings, I decided to look for land and build my own home. In August 2012, I knew what property I wanted and talked to a home builder, Adair Homes of Southern Washington.

The land is a great little 5+ acre spot off the Lewis and Clark River in Clatsop County, Oregon. A gentle inclining piece of property with a bubbling creek running along the back property line, surrounded by lovely Oregon trees... my own little piece of heaven. Oh yeah, and my daughter and son-in-law can live there too.

So in November 2012 I made the offer and after picking the house I wanted to build and getting through all the financial paperwork, the land was mine on January 30th, 2013. Woohoo! Pop the champagne cork and let's celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment